Monday, February 9, 2009

Book thoughts

While driving to go see the Thomas the tank engine show in Costa Mesa I had some thoughts as to writing a book. Those thoughts in turn led to what it would take to write said book. One of the things I knew it would take are more concrete ideas.

Some thoughts on possible subjects:
Military,
Marine Corps or futuristic? (I'm thinking now because it's easier to write what you know)
Gaming,
RPG type story or biography type story of a gamer? (RPG type sounds more fun)
Life,
Just a story about life....(Kinda like this blog, but better)

Person:
Which person perspective would I write? Well i guess it would depend on the type of book I wrote. In all cases though I believe it would be easiest to write in the third person as it would allow for more flexibility to switch from third person to first and back.


Marine corps draft,

Before boot (parental issues, dep program, recruiting, etc)
Boot (the reality of what it means to be a marine is faced)
Boot weeks as chapters?
Crucible, graduation
USMC (U Signed the Mother f-in Contract) where you realize just how many lies the recruiter and everyone else along the way fed you, yet your still ok with it.
War (the last thing you thought would happen in the reserves, being activated)

Yeah that book would probably be the easiest to write. That draft took no time at all and I could think of many things to fill those chapters. Maybe I'll do that one day...maybe.

Like my Wife tells me, I can do a lot but it's a matter of what I actually do. Hey there's a thought for the next post, things I want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment